Mobile Virtual Network – Operators/Enablers
The critical success factor for an MVNO or MVNE is a differentiated business model to attract and engender loyalty from a target segment of subscribers. A differentiated business model in turn implies unique service offerings as well as varied operating parameters. Fortunately, Tecore’s software-driven, multi-protocol architecture provides just the modularity, range of features and cost-effectiveness these operators require, easing the deployment effort and allowing them to focus their efforts on the challenges of their business, such as establishing a brand, pricing, or application that sets them apart from other operators in the market. In fact, MVNOs/Es can deploy the same core network as their markets expand to different regions. So both CDMA subscribers in the U.S.A. and GSM subscribers in Western Europe can be supported simultaneously with one common solution.
- Shared Access. The MVNO/E shares access to the subscriber information and hosts the account in the licensed operator’s HLR/HSS.
- Local Subscriber Control. The MVNO provides storage and control of the subscriber profiles.
- Backbone Routing. For VoIP backbone carriers, the MVNO/E controls call and transaction processing utilizing their own IP network.
- Multi-IMSI Support. For multi-national MVNO/E applications, the Tecore solution supports multiple IMSI profiles allowing handsets to adjust their identity to the serving network while accessing a common profile in the HLR.
- Multi-Network Support. As MVNO/E opportunities become more specialized and targeted, there is a decrease in the number of servable subscribers in the vertical market. The iCore’s ability to host multiple network occurrences from the same common infrastructure allows MVNO/Es to leverage a single platform across multiple networks and vertical market segments.
- Machine to Machine. For MVNO/Es targeting metering or transport tracking applications, the iCore Network Center provides an ideal compliment of standard network functions such as MSC, HLR, and SMSC that facilitate the unique requirements of this market segment.
Tecore’s integrated systems approach provides the ease of single platform deployment, management, and support. An MVNO/E system can optionally be configured to support a range of services such as text messaging, prepaid, alternative call routing, USSD callback and enterprise roaming services. Our IP architecture facilitates a highly customizable operator environment, from multi IMSI/MSISDN support to Push-to-Talk and other multimedia offerings.
Features & Benefits
- Complete end-to-end or modular MVNO solutions
- Patented multi-protocol architecture supports operator services across GSM, GPRS/EDGE, CDMA, EV-DO and IP-based communications technologies
- Optional edge gateways provide access localization and cost effective backhaul handling
- Support for IN-/IMS-based services
- Integrated Tecore HLR/HSS support
- Modular architecture - solution components can be distributed or integrated in a single system based on the operator’s business model
- Maintain control of subscribers, call processing, and CDRs
- Quick deployment for fastest time-to-revenue.
- USSD Callback as a cost-effective roaming alternative