iCore® 2G/3G/4G Multi-Technology Core Network
GSM/3G/4G Multi-Technology Core Network
iCore® is the world’s first complete, multi-technology mobile core network available in three distinct implementations targeted at commercial, private, government, military, and OEM market segments.
This platform delivers one or multiple core network subsystems for LTE, HSPA+ and GSM, enabling support for the most widely deployed mobile technologies in a broad range of applications and deployment scenarios. The common set of object code implements support for all protocols from a single converged platform. The US Patent and Trademark Office has granted Tecore two patents for its Multi-protocol mobile switching platform (US Patents Nos. 6,912,230 & 7,733,901).
Utilizing a carrier-grade, high-availability Linux platform, the next-generation iCore provides a solution for million-subscriber markets as well as distributed scalability across any-size market. With integrated media gateway capabilities and a choice of standalone or distributed architectures, the system offers an efficient path to convergent wireless technologies and a competitive technology roadmap for tomorrow’s markets. The optional integrated RNC enables operators to manage RAN from multiple technologies or vendors simultaneously.
iCore leverages Tecore’s track record of deploying GSM, 3G, and multi-protocol networks around the globe, as well as its patented software-defined architecture guided by 3GPP/3GPP2 and IMS standards, to deliver a comprehensive, converged mobile platform.
The multi-protocol, multi-interface nature of iCore allows operators to maximize service quality and revenue from existing operations while simultaneously rolling out a nextgeneration network. Mobile operators can also build overlay (for example, GSM-over-CDMA, CDMA-over-GSM or 4G-over-2G) networks with integrated switching, simplifying the network and reducing costs.
iCore is ideal for tactical and first responder systems where access to multiple radio access technologies, streamlined operation and mission-critical security features are essential. A complete, multi-technology voice and datacapable mobile network contained in a single ruggedized case can be operational in one hour. With scalability based on standalone or integrated operations, this system is ideal for environments ranging from embassies to the battlefield.
Enterprise IT managers need a comprehensive platform to address the wide range of mobile devices accessing their network. They have few options that will support all major access technologies in a cost-effective streamlined manner. In the iCore they can find an unmatched combination of protocols, feature set, and enterprise-class form factor. The iCore also supports the All-In-One 3G-4G Enterprise Femtocell System tailor-made for medium- and large-business environments.
Core Network Capabilities
- MME/SAE Gateway
- Prepaid Gateway
- Integrated and IN Based Services
- Award Winning OTA Prepaid Service
- Credit Card Recharge, Multi-Top Up,
- Balance Transfer
- USSD Callback Server
- Milenage, Kasumi, 128-EEA1, 128-EEA2, 128-EIA1, 128-EIA2
- GSM Algorithm Security Pack
- CDMA Authentication Algorithm Security Pack
- 1,000,000 BHCA
- 1,000 SS7 transactions/second
- Linux-based processing
Multi-National Regulatory Feature Set
- Emergency Location Services
- Number Portability
- Call Forwarding Feature Pack
- Calling Line Feature Pack
- Multi-Party Feature Pack
- Call Barring Feature Pack
- Operator Determined Barring Feature Pack
- G.711 PCM (mu/A-Law) at 64 Kbps
- G.729B CS-ACELP at 8 kbps
- GSM 6.10 Full Rate at 13.2 kbps
- EVRC at 4.0 kbps and 8.55 kbps
- AMR at 4.75-12.2 kpbs
- All vocoders are supported with: bundling, VAD, transcoder free
- Multi-protocol mobile switching platform:
- U.S. patent numbers
Features and Benefits
- Support for WCDMA, HSPA HSPA+,LTE, GSM, and CDMA from common object code
- 3GPP-compliant through Release 9
- Includes option of integrated RNC to streamline network, manage RAN from multiple technologies or vendors simultaneously, and lower total cost of network ownership
- All core network functionality: UMSC/MSC/VLR, MME/SAE Gateway, HLR/HSS, AuC/AC/AAA, SMSC/MMSC, Prepaid Gateway, SGSN/GGSN
- Commercial, government, and military enterprise
- Security features including the major standards-based algorithms
- 64-bit Linux-based processing