CoreCell-XE GSM RAN
Maximize Capacity, Coverage and RAN Sharing
Tecore’s flagship GSM RAN has powered national mobile networks. Now this platform has been enhanced with an array of features designed to increase capacity and coverage, and even facilitate RAN sharing among multiple operators, to deliver powerful services at reduced deployment costs.
The CoreCell-XE GSM RAN is designed specifically for fast deployment and cost-effective capacity and coverage for voice and data. With the unparalleled combination of spectrum-saving vocoders, frequency hopping, support of 32 carriers/TRXs and quad-band operation, operators can achieve maximum capacity for their licenses. This RAN eliminates the costly and cumbersome equipment and installation challenges associated with traditional systems, combining the BTS, BSC, and optional vocoding into a single unit. This unique compact outdoor RAN architecture is suitable for providers of all sizes, starting with new license networks serving basic voice to thousands of subscribers, and scaling to support high-capacity networks providing voice, high-speed data, and advanced applications.
The Tecore RAN can support up to 32 radio frequency carriers or transceivers in four sectors; unique in the industry, each sector can independently operate in any of four frequency bands (850, 900, 1800, or 1900 MHz).
Multiple operators can share capacity, utilizing different frequency bands, the availability of multiple network IDs per sector, or a combination of these features; when combined with Tecore’s software-defined core network platform, multi-operator support extends throughout the network.
The RAN supports IP backhaul, taking advantage of the dominance and cost-effectiveness of IP networking worldwide. The CoreCell-XE GSM RAN also supports the use of operator provided backhaul methods including microwave and satellite links.
The RAN implements a peer-to-peer RTP switching architecture that delivers RTP (voice) packets through the network in the most efficient manner, avoiding costly tromboning. Whether both parties in the call are within the base station, within a group of base stations in a particular area or on opposite sides of the network, Tecore provides a solution that allows the flow of packets directly between the two end points in the most efficient path.
Audio data compression vocoders reduce the bandwidth needed for the existing network load, so the remainder can serve additional subscribers or alternatively be freed up for the introduction of data services.
This feature achieves a cell radius up to 120 km, more than triple the standard range of a GSM base station. It overcomes a limitation on cell radius imposed by the GSM radio channel structure. The substantial increase in range is particularly beneficial to operators in rural or remote locations, who can now install less equipment without sacrificing performance.
With a powerful array of features designed to grow the network and add services while lowering costs, the CoreCell-XE GSM RAN is the ideal platform for operators worldwide.
- Maximum Number of Carriers TRXs (per Sector) – 8 Max. Number of Sectors – 4 (up to 32 carriers/TRXs)
- Integrated Transcoder (Optional) -G.711, G.729
- Channels – 8 channels per RF carrier/TRX – max. 128 channels
- Air Interface – GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- Frequency Bands – 850, 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz
- Quad-Band – Each sector can be independently configured for any of the 4 bands
- Receive Sensitivity: -110 dBm (Typical)
- Frequency Hopping: Cyclical and Random
- Bandwidth Optimization: Bundling, VAD, Peer-to-Peer RTP Switching
- Vocoders: AMR FR, AMR
- Ciphering – A5 0/1/2
- Input Voltage: +27VDC standard
- Power –
OMNI = 925W,
2-Sector = 1850W,
3-Sector = 2775W,
- Dimensions – 60” H x 23” W x 28” D (1.5m x 0.6m x 0.7m) – With Pedestal Height is 70” (1.77m)
- Weight – OMNI = 290 lb,
2-Sector = 330 lb,
3-sector = 375 lb,
4-Sector = 415 lb
- Serial Port, Ethernet Port – RJ-45
- T1/E1 – Ports Stripped wire into surge box
- TMA Power – Internal to internal DC injectors
- RX ANT; TX/RX ANT – N-Type coaxial
- DC – POS/NEG/GND Terminal Block (10 to 2 AWG)
- Ambient Temperature: -40°C to +50°C (-40°F to +122°F) (Operating Outdoors)
- Maximum Temperature Variation: 8.3° C per hour (14.94°F per hour)
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
Benefits & Features
- Quad-Band RAN
- Up to 32 Carriers/TRXs
- Peer-to-Peer IP Switching (Tandem-Free Operation)
- IP Backhaul
- AMR Vocoding
- Compact Outdoor Enclosure