CoreCell-RM GSM Mini RAN
The world’s most widely deployed wireless technology is now available in a compact form factor. This platform has the capability to support revenue generating commercial networks, mission-critical man-portable systems, onboard systems for land/sea/air, and private in-building networks.
The CoreCell-RM GSM Mini RAN provides standard GSM voice and GPRS/EDGE data services for today’s IP-based networks. This RAN eliminates the costly and cumbersome equipment and installation challenges associated with traditional systems, combining the BTS, BSC, and vocoding into a single unit. The all-IP architecture implements the most flexible interconnect available today. This unique platform can fit a wide range of network types and sizes, including low-capacity, high-coverage networks; macro-capacity networks required for today’s high-traffic voice services; and high-speed data applications. By enabling operators to start service with 100 users and scale as needed, the CoreCell-RM GSM Mini RAN offers unparalleled return on investment.
The GSM Mini RAN supports IP backhaul, taking advantage of the ubiquity and cost-effectiveness of IP networking worldwide. The CoreCell-RM GSM Mini RAN also supports the use of operator provided backhaul methods including microwave and satellite links.
The GSM Mini RAN implements a peer-to-peer RTP switching architecture that delivers RTP (voice) packets through the network in the most efficient manner, avoiding costly tromboning. Whether both parties in the call are within the base station, within a group of base stations in a particular area or on opposite sides of the network, Tecore provides a solution that allows the flow of packets directly between the two end points in the most efficient path.
This feature achieves a cell radius up to 120 km, more than triple the standard range of a GSM base station. It overcomes a limitation on cell radius imposed by the GSM radio channel structure. The substantial increase in range is particularly beneficial to operators in rural or remote locations, who can now install less equipment without sacrificing performance. With a powerful array of features designed to grow the network and add services while lowering costs, the CoreCell-RM GSM Mini RAN is the ideal platform for operators worldwide.
- Number of Carriers/TRXs – 4 to 8 GSM RF Carriers/TRXs (• Integrated Transcoder (Optional) – G.711, G.729
- Channels – 8 channels per RF Carrier/TRX
- Air Interface – GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- Frequency Bands – 850, 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz
- Receive Sensitivity: -110 dBm (Typical)
- Transmit Power – Up to 50 Watts per RF Carrier/TRX
- Frequency Hopping – Cyclical and Random
- Bandwidth Optimization – Bundling, VAD, Peer-to-Peer RTP Switching
- Vocoders – AMR FR, AMR HR, EFR, FR
- Ciphering – A5 0/1/2
- Input Voltage (Standard) – +27V DC
- Optional AC – 110/220V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Input Power – BPU: 250W, HPA: 750W
- Dimensions – BPU: 3.5”H (2U) x 19”W x 24”D (8.89cm x 48.26cm x 60.96cm)
HPA: 5.25”H (3U) x 19”W x 24”D (13.34cm x 48.26cm x 60.96cm)
- Weight – BPU: 29 lb (13.16 kg)
HPA: 42 lb (19.06 kg)
- Serial Port, Ethernet Port, T1/E1 Ports – RJ-45
- TMA Power – DB-9
- RX ANT; TX/RX ANT – N-Type coaxial
- DC – POS/NEG/GND Terminal Block (10 to 2 AWG)
- Ambient Temperature: – 0°C to +40°C (32°F to +104°F) (Operating)
- Maximum Temperature Variation: 8.3° C per hour (14.94°F per hour)
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
Features and Benefits
- Integrated BTS, BSC and Vocoding
- Peer-to-Peer IP Switching (Tandem-Free Operation)
- Occupies as little as 5U of a standard 19” telecommunications rack
- Supports iBSS software, embedding traditional RAN elements into a single integrated package
- Supports GPRS and EDGE data
- Supports backhaul-free coverage expansion with the AirSite BTS
- Digital filtering, channelization and combining reduce signal loss for high RF performance
- Reduces costs today and lays the foundation for future expansion and migration