Telecom Field Service Engineer
As Tecore’s Field Service Engineer, you will be providing critical operational support during the deployment of Tecore Products. This exciting position will provide you with the opportunity to work in various environments from commercial LTE deployments in rural/remote locations, to the installation of Managed Access Systems countering contraband devices within correctional institutions and secure facilities. Your work in the field will be counterpointed by providing ongoing support to short and long-term modernization products from our corporate headquarters in Hanover, MD.
- Plan, evaluate, and coordinate the installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data/voice communications networks.
- Travel to customer sites to perform pre-deployment site surveys, system installation, and upgrades.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and issues while working within customer guidelines and processes.
- Provide operation and maintenance training as required.
- Provide overall support to customer operations and system administrator personnel.
- Fault isolation and resolution.
- Partner with Program Managers to ensure product and support performance metrics are met or exceeded.
- Complete site surveys and route validation work for new deployment and extensions.
- Provide accurate field information back to the engineering team using multiple tool sets.
- Support system development in the design and implementation of product-based solutions specifically designed for a wide variety of customers.
- Interact with customers to solve any issue they are having.
- Manage repair parts cycle times.
- Keep up to date with various administrative responsibilities.
- Ability to make independent judgment and perform repetitive tasks
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree in an applicable field.
- Wireless communication installation and repair.
- Troubleshooting, hardware maintenance, and cable repair.
- A self-starter with the ability to problem solve on the fly.
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency (RF) signal propagation.
- Knowledge of networking and voice protocols.
- 1-3 years of experience in a telecommunications related discipline.
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance.
- Strong time management skills.
- A proven record of being reliable for aspects of your job.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented and be able to work independently.
- Experience maintaining wireless/cellular communications equipment (preferred).
- Experience in a customer-facing role (preferred).
- Three or more years of experience in a repair work or hardware support.
- Familiarity with Cisco switching and routing equipment.
- Hands on position; position may be driving a vehicle, or using other modes of transportation depending on the terrain
- Work will be performed will be a combination of inside and outside; travel and overnights should be expected.
- Ability to travel to various on-site locations.
- Requires 50-80% Travel.
- Ability to have flexible work schedule and adapt to the occasional special work schedule.
- Must continue to possess a Valid Driver’s License and pass random driver’s license screenings.
- Willingness to travel as travel is to be expected; overnights and weekends as required.
- Must be able to pass a physical and obtain a DOT card for two years.
- Conscientious regarding the safety of him/herself at times as well as the safety of every other crew member or individual on the job site.
****Veterans strongly encouraged to apply****
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.