Technical Project Manager – Wireless Telecommunications
As Tecore’s Technical Project Manager you will be responsible for the successful implementation of mission critical projects. In this role, you will work closely with key functional areas of the business to ensure project initiatives meet the goals and objectives set forth by the executive leadership team. This position does require hands-on, in-field work at deployment sites to ensure proper deployment, testing and acceptance by the customer is smoothly transitioned. The position is highly technical and demanding which requires a balance of project management technical skills, highly developed analytical skills, proven managerial skills, and teaming / relationship skills.
- Work closely with the program management team to plan, manage and coordinate the successful implementation of significant projects and programs.
- Document customer requirements and assist in translating their desired operational outcomes to material solutions.
- Assist in the definition of project scope, objectives and requirements, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Manage program implementation through a detailed project plan, monitoring, tracking progress and reporting the status to the management team. Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Develop project plans that consider all necessary activities including but not limited to those related to information systems, business processes, communication with internal and external stakeholders, documentation, training, and contingency planning. Design and perform analytical studies of systemic and project-related decisions to assess the cost, efficiency and effectiveness of project implementation approaches. Develop, prioritize and recommend overall resource requirements to support both customer and company development requirements.
- Manage the project against the plan, coordinate internal and vendor managed tasks, communicate effectively with all stakeholders and participants, identify risks and mitigation plans, and alert management as needed to escalate issues.
- Facilitate the definition of service levels to meet specific customer requirements; Create tracking reports for both company and customer.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes. Work closely with technical experts/project leads creating and managing project schedules linking critical activities across multiple programs.
- Advise and collaborate with the team on issues, diagnostic methods and potential solutions to issues and concerns.
- Participates in the architectural design, development, and definition of product road maps.
- Work to provide on-site leadership to project team.
- Lead assigned projects to completion with in-field/.on-site management and hands-on field work to ensure project completion.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects. Effectively communicate project objectives to all team members that are involved.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience or related degree.
- 10+ years of experience managing complex Telecom projects.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of RF within 3GPP standard.
- Ability to work with a team.
- The ability to complete projects on time and within the allotted budget.
- Excellent leadership and time-management skills.
- Innovative project delivery methods.
BEYOND AVERAGE SKILLS
- PMP Certification.
- Deep knowledge of industry standards (3GPP, ETSI, IEEE).
- Experience managing small technical teams.
- Deep knowledge of Linux platforms.
- Knowledge in SW design and implementations techniques and procedures.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Word Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Prior experience as Field Engineer or Technician
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment in addition to customer project sites globally.
- Requires 50-75%+ travel.
- The work environment is split between an office position and project site(s).
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires use of all test equipment, power tools, communications infrastructure, and computer usage
- May require after-hours and weekend work.