Technical Operations Manager – Telecommunications
As Tecore’s Technical Operations Manager you will be responsible for the successful implementation of a mission critical Operational Systems. The Operations Manager will oversee the Quality Management, Documentation, Logistics, and the Customer Response Center (CRC). In this role, you will work closely with key functional areas of the business to ensure each department’s operational needs and goals are met by the Operation System. This position does require hands-on interaction with various departments and oversight of the CRC. The position is technical and demanding which requires a balance of project management technical skills, highly developed analytical skills, proven managerial skills, and teaming / relationship skills.
- Document other department requirements and assist in translating their desired operational outcomes to implementation within the QuickBase System.
- Manage the QuickBase System program implementation through a detailed project plan, monitoring, tracking progress and reporting the status to the management team. Successfully manage the relationship with all stakeholders.
- Develop project plans that consider all necessary activities including but not limited to those related to information systems, business processes, communication with internal stakeholders, documentation, and training. Develop and prioritize company operational development requirements.
- Oversee and manage the CRC department. Work cross-functionally to facilitate solution of high priority customer issues.
- Develop and Build a knowledge database for the CRC to utilize as reference during customer support calls.
- Act as escalation support for the CRC manager and exhibit high customer relationship and support skills.
- Supervise the ISO 9001 quality management processes by overseeing the Quality Specialist and provide guidance with any non-conformities.
- Oversee and manage the logistics department. Create and develop best practice processes for shipping/receiving/and warehousing inventory.
- Oversee and manage the facilities group. Manage current vendors and maintenance contracts for the building.
- Ensure routine building maintenance is performed and reports are stored for future reference.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Business Systems or equivalent experience or related degree.
- 5+ years of experience managing information systems and/or operations.
- 3+ years of wireless experience (field, operations, or engineering).
- Familiarity with wireless technologies including 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, Core, RAN, UMTS, and LTE.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work with a team.
- The ability to complete projects on time and within the allotted budget.
- Excellent leadership and time-management skills.
- Innovative project delivery methods.
BEYOND AVERAGE SKILLS
- Knowledge of QuickBase.
- PMP Certification.
- Experience managing small technical teams.
- Certified ISO 9001 external auditor.
- Deep knowledge of Logistics and Inventory Management.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Word Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment in addition to customer project sites globally.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- May require after-hours and weekend work.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.