Technical Proposal Writer
Tecore has an opportunity for a Technical Proposal Writer who is highly motivated, flexible, and articulate. We have found those who are successful in this role are organized, quick to learn, and thrive in a fast-paced team environment. In this position you will support the business development and sales team in the development of white papers, technical proposals, and responding to requests for information (RFI).
- Able to write in clear and concise language technical documents, procedure manuals, service manuals, and related technical publications covering various subjects. In addition to proposals, requests for information (RFI), etc.
- Write management and technical volumes to Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements
- Write and edit White Papers and Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Research, organize, write, edit, and produce technical proposals
- Understands the software development life-cycle and are familiar with wireless networks.
- Experience with requirements gathering and developing design documents.
- Develops test plans and test cases.
- Prepare special and recurring reports as required.
- Performs technical editing and quality control of documents written by other authors.
- Maintain and develop training materials.
- Understanding of Section 508 and ability to analyze and correct documents for compliance.
- Collaborate and work closely with capture managers, subject matter experts, and project managers to ensure the effective integration of win strategies, themes, and differentiators into proposal responses.
- Use teamwork, communication, and time management skills to deliver high quality documents.
- Lead proposal process improvement efforts proactively.
- Support in other business development-related activities as needed.
- Analysis of requirements and generation of compliance matrices
- Organize material and write descriptive copy according to standards for order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Conduct research on subject matter by interviewing and observing subject matter experts, researching journals, on-line sources, and other substantive source material to write scientific and technical materials
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Business
- Exceptional writing and organizational skills
- 2-5 years experience in similar position
- Telecommunications experience is desirable
- 1-2 years technical writing experience
- Minimum 2 years of professional writing experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience writing proposals for the Federal Government (required), in the IT or Cellular Services field (preferred)
- Shipley, APMP Foundation, or equivalent training of best practices in proposal development
- Proficiency in writing in technical subjects and critical editing skills
- Extremely detail-oriented, precise, organized, and able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with direct experience in an office environment
- Skills in independent desktop research and genuine curiosity for solving complex problems
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated rigorous application of process
- Microsoft Office Advanced Skills (required), Microsoft Teams (preferred)
- Experience with GovWin, BGov, or other relevant business intelligence tools (preferred)
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.