Systems Test Engineer
As Tecore’s System Test Engineer, you will be involved in the following phases of the software testing function: planning, development and execution of test environments and processes including: functional, regression performance, capacity and acceptance, and documentation of the same.
- Review and analyze software requirements and design documents to assist in the planning, development, and execution of test environments and strategies.
- Interface with the appropriate engineering/development personnel for scheduling lab time, planning and prioritizing test scenarios and execution.
- Routinely perform system set up and lab maintenance.
- Routinely support other teams including Customer Support, Sales, Production, Engineering and Quality, with troubleshooting and resolving product issues.
- Perform system level testing on the iCore/RNC/EPC/GSN/eNode B software for verification of network infrastructure and related service functionality.
- Verify software releases, service packs or patches, including the replication of reported anomalies in preparation of resolution of software problems. Perform testing using applicable methodologies which may include: regression, feature, performance, capacity, stress and acceptance testing in manual scenarios across multiple software and hardware configurations.
- Document formal test reports, data and observations.
- Update internal defect tracking database to include test(s) performed and results. Opens new defect reports when applicable.
- Ensure overall system quality.
- Report test progress and prepare file defect reports.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent related work experience/degree.
- Working knowledge of various software testing processes and types; unit, integration, system regression and acceptance.
- Working knowledge of test plan development, including planning and writing test plans.
- Knowledge of basic wireless telephone/telecom systems; LTE, 3G, GSM
- Understanding of networking (TCP/IP).
- Ability to quickly and independently analyze and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write thorough documentation, reports and verbally articulate technical information concisely and accurately.
- Good organizational skills including attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and changing demands with diplomacy and decorum.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and constructively contribute to a harmonious cross-functional team work environment.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ensure compliance throughout the entire production phase.
- Prior software testing experience in telecommunications and data communications.
- Prior customer and networking support.
- Understanding of Linux, compact PCI, scripting languages, C/C++
- High proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
****Veterans strongly encouraged to apply****
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.