In this position you will serve as the System Administrator for the IT Department. You will be responsible for performing desktop support and infrastructure troubleshooting for various Windows and Linux applications. Additionally, you will be responsible for monitoring overall system performance and ensuring the efficiency and security of the company wide IT infrastructure.
- Maintain and manage the Active Directory including users, groups, trusts and domains.
- Maintain and procure infrastructure hardware and software licensing.
- Perform desktop support and infrastructure troubleshooting for Windows and Linux desktops and applications and updates including service packs and security fixes as well as yum and apt based package repositories.
- Ability to install and configure software, hardware, and networks.
- Ability to monitor system performance.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to ensure the efficiency and security of the company IT infrastructure.
- Ability to install and test computer-related equipment.
- Ability to maintain and create data backups.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology, or an equivalent/related field.
- Proven system administrator experience or experience in an equivalent/related role.
- Experience configuring and managing Windows server 2003 and 2008 server environments.
- Experience with Windows DNS server or Bind, preferred.
- Desktop Windows and Linux operating system installation including hardware, application support, and initial deployment.
- Experience with Barracuda web filter appliances is a plus.
- Desktop virtualization experience with Virtual Box or VMware required.
- Cisco CCNA or Network Plus certification preferred.
- Experience with direct interaction support end users by phone, email, remote, or direct support.
- Provide weekend or on-call support for office infrastructure and services.
- Professional Certifications.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- High-level problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
****Veterans strongly encouraged to apply****
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.