In this position you will serve as the System Administrator for the IT Department. You will be responsible for performing desktop support and infrastructure troubleshooting for various Windows and Linux applications. Additionally, you will be responsible for monitoring overall system performance and ensuring the efficiency and security of the company wide IT infrastructure.
- Maintain and manage the Active Directory including users, groups, trusts and domains.
- Maintain and procure infrastructure hardware and software licensing.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and office data infrastructure
- Perform desktop support and infrastructure troubleshooting for Windows and Linux desktops and applications and updates including service packs and security fixes as well as yum and apt based package repositories.
- Ability to install and configure software, hardware, and networks. Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage physical and virtual servers.
- Ability to monitor system performance.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Ability to ensure the efficiency and security of the company IT infrastructure.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Ability to install and test computer-related equipment.
- Perform regular backup operations for tape and disk imaging data backup.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration or an equivalent/related field.
- 3-5 years of proven system administrator experience or experience in an equivalent/related role.
- Experience configuring and managing Windows server 2003 and 2008 server environments.
- Experience with Windows DNS server or Bind, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and maintaining help-desk and IT operations best practices for security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
- Desktop Windows and Linux operating system installation including hardware, application support, and initial deployment.
- Experience with Barracuda web filter appliances is a plus.
- Desktop virtualization experience with Virtual Box, VMware eSXi/Vsphere is required.
- Cisco CCNA or Network Plus certification preferred.
- Experience with direct interaction support end users by phone, email, remote, or direct support.
- Experience with PBX and desktop handset configuration is a plus
- Provide weekend or on-call support for office infrastructure and services.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools (Powershell/Bash or equivalent shell scripting)
- Professional Certifications.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- High-level problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
****Veterans strongly encouraged to apply****
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.