Entry-Level Software Developer
The Entry Level Software Developer will perform a key role in the development of products. Through understanding of product requirements, the Software Developer will aid in the development of products. The Software Developer will design products so that the resulting equipment best meets the products goals and customer’s needs. This includes assuring that the design is functionally correct, reliable, compliant and robust. The Software Developer will also assist in the development of product documentation and the resolution of problems found in existing designs.
- Write detailed specifications for moderate software functions.
- With guidance, complete moderate pieces of design as assigned.
- Participate in project, scheduling/estimation, and be held responsible for assignments.
- Research and propose realistic solutions to problems.
- Contribute to a project team, with responsibility for meeting milestones and performance requirements.
- May be teamed with another engineer with joint responsibility for the implementation of a function or a set of functions.
- Work both independently and in a team setting.
- Work to improve company and product infrastructure.
- Develop product and software specifications.
- Design, debug, evaluate, and test software to execute the processes defined in the product specification.
- Debug of the sections of the software product including software related electronic problems.
- Evaluate and select software packages, development stations and other equipment to be used in the software department.
- Thoroughly document ongoing software such that future modification to that software may be efficiently and accurately performed.
- Evaluate and propose solutions to software problems found in new and existing products.
- Add new features to the software in existing products.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- TCP/IP network experience is a plus.
- Read and interpret C/C++/JAVA or a combo of all.
- Develop and expand working knowledge in a LINUX/ environment and the ability to debug code to fix bugs.
- Ensure applications and software are performing correctly and efficiently.
- Education: BS in Computer (Software) Engineering, or equivalent degree.
- Experience: Preferred job experience through Coop/intern programs.
- Technical Knowledge: Position requires knowledge as determined by the development team to which this individual is assigned.
- Understanding of the best software development practices and methods.
- General: Must have an understanding of engineering design techniques so that appropriate technology choices and trade-offs can be made.
- Must be a strong individual contributor technically.
- Should be a natural self-starter, energetic, imaginative, and willing to work extra hours when necessary. Should be mature person with leadership qualities who is self-confident, bright, analytical, and thorough.
- Must have the ability to work with moderate level of direction, to establish priorities, solve problems, and then move on to new challenges.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is beneficial.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Previous hands-on experience in software development.
- Extraordinary problem-solving skills and methodology.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.