The Entry Level Software Developer will perform a key role in the development of products. Through understanding of product requirements, the Software Developer will aid in the development of products. The Software Developer will design products so that the resulting equipment best meets the products goals. This includes assuring that the design is functionally correct, reliable and robust. The Software Developer will also assist in the development of product documentation and the resolution of problems found in existing designs.
Duties and Responsibilities- General
- Writes detailed specifications for moderate software functions.
- With guidance, completes moderate pieces of design as assigned
- Participates in project, scheduling/estimation, and is held responsible for assignments.
- Researchers and proposes realistic solutions to problems.
- Contributes to a project team, with responsibility for meeting milestones and performance requirements.
- May be teamed with another engineer with joint responsibility for the implementation of a function or a set of functions.
Duties and Responsibilities- Technical
- Develops product and software specifications.
- Designs, debugs, evaluates, and tests software to execute the processes defined in the product specification
- Debug of the sections of the software product including software related electronic problems.
- Evaluates and select software packages, development stations and other equipment to be used in the software department.
- Thoroughly documents ongoing software such that future modification to that software may be efficiently and accurately performed.
- Evaluates and proposes solutions to software problems found in new and existing products.
- Adds new features to the software in existing products.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- TCP/IP network experience is a plus
- Reading and interpreting C/C++/JAVA or a combo of all
- Developing and expanding working knowledge in a LINUX/ environment and the ability to debug code to fix bugs
Skills and Abilities
- Must have an understanding of engineering design techniques so that appropriate technology choices and trade-offs can be made.
- Must be a strong individual contributor technically.
- Should be a natural self-starter, energetic, imaginative, and willing to work extra hours when necessary. Should be mature person with leadership qualities who is self-confident, bright, analytical, and thorough.
- Must have the ability to work with moderate level of direction, to establish priorities, solve problems, and then move on to new challenges.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
- Education: BS in Computer (Software) Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience: Preferred job experience through Coop/intern programs.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is beneficial.
- Technical Knowledge: Position requires knowledge as determined by the development team to which this individual is assigned.
- General: Must have an understanding of engineering design techniques so that appropriate technology choices and trade-offs can be made.