Sales Support Engineer – Telecommunications
As Tecore’s Wireless Sales Support Engineer, you will be joining a company who will revolutionize the way indoor wireless systems (4G/5G/ CBRS) are built. In this role, you will work closely with the Business Development and Engineering groups to help built and support our customer relationships. You will assist Business Development in their technical responses to both written requests and during sales meetings. This position does require hands-on field work at deployment sites to act as the technical resource for the customer’s team. The position is highly technical and demanding which requires a balance of highly developed analytical skills, proven customer relation and teaming skills.
- Provide the Sales team with technical support during the sales process.
- Work with engineering to provide technical response to potential customer inquiries.
- Assist the business development team in sales calls and meetings as the primary technical resource.
- Document customer sales requirements and provide responses in coordination with engineering.
- Work with documentation team to review and validate all customer facing documents and provide feedback.
- Provide customer requirements/expectations to project management and production teams after receipt of new sales orders.
- Lead the technical presentations and demonstrations of Tecore’s products to prospective customers.
- Provide training to customers and their contractors on installation, design, and commissioning methodologies.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience or related degree.
- 5+ years of experience supporting wireless telecom projects.
- Extensive knowledge of 2G/3G/4G/5G network topologies and architecture.
- Deep knowledge of GSM/CDMA/LTE subsystems and messaging.
- Strong understanding of wireless Core/RAN functions and interconnect standards.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work with a team.
- The ability to present and explain complex features to a varied audience (Executives to Engineers.)
- Excellent leadership and time-management skills.
BEYOND AVERAGE SKILLS
- 5+ years of experience in Sales Engineering for DAS or RAN OEM.
- Previous experience in providing sales support to a Tier 1 wireless carrier.
- Deep knowledge of 3GPP standards.
- Knowledge in SW design and implementations techniques and procedures.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment in addition to customer project sites globally.
- Requires 25-50%+ travel.
- The work environment is split between an office position and customer locations.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires use of test equipment, power tools, communications infrastructure, and computer usage.
- May require after-hours and weekend work.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.