Sales Engineer – Wireless Deployment and Integration
As Tecore’s Sales Engineer , you will serve as the technical lead on our Business Development Team. You will be responsible for defining technical requirements and recommending viable telecommunications solutions to our customers. As a key participant in our preparation of proposals, technical presentations, demonstrations, and the development of our next generation product map, you will help Tecore continue to pioneering first class products and solutions. This position also helps Operations fulfill deliverable’s and assists with the work to ensure Tecore meets customer requirements.
- Provide Sales Leadership with technical support during the sales process.
- Document (via diagrams and writing) cellular solutions to describe the benefits of our products.
- Build relationships with strategic partners serving as the pre-sale’s technical liaison.
- Participate in strategic and tactical account and product planning.
- Follow industry technology trends through self-study and formal training.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Wireless Design and Engineering for our product offerings and industry trends.
- Establish and maintain productive, professional relationships with key customer leaders in assigned customer accounts.
- Attend trade shows and conferences for technical and sales support.
- Clearly communicate customer requirements to the teams responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing support of Tecore’s product line.
- Participate in the architectural design, development, and definition of product roadmaps.
- Prepare cost estimates by studying plans, and related customer documents.
- Stay up to date on new and existing legislation in order to maintain federal, state and local legal compliance.
- Provide first hand support to Operations when kicking off new projects. This may include creating customer pricing structures, coordination with Operations, Sub-Contractors, assisting with recruiting and providing technology and product training.
- Partner with Operations to create and submit statement of work, including scope of work, deliverables and pricing information for customers.
- Preparation of RFP’s and proposals to prospects and clients
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, preferably in a related field.
- Proven experience as a Sales Engineer.
- Minimum of 5 years’ industry experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of telecom, cellular networks, and VoIP technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations and proposal writing.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently on numerous activities and prioritize them properly while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance.
- Timely and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Success in developing and delivering persuasive presentations to audiences of various sizes.
- Experience with project management solutions.
- Successful track record in sales-driven environments and superior leadership skills
Beyond Average Skills:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience supporting both HW/SW in a Linux environment
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Project Management Experience
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires 25-50%+ travel.
- The work environment is that of an office position with minimal to high noise levels.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.
- May require after-hours and weekend work.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.