Tecore’s RF Planning Engineer is primarily responsible for the development and execution of best practices, engineering standards, guidelines and processes as it relates to radio frequency (RF) responsibilities, including site surveys, data collection, network planning and optimization. Collaborate with other departments to determine root cause of customer issues. Occasional travel for meetings, demonstrations, testing and field support purposes will be expected.
- Developing, implementing and managing processes related to RF planning.
- Provide technical support and act as RF subject matter expert to peers on customer-specific product design and implementation.
- Ensure products are compliant with the Government.
- Create customer deliverables including link budgets, frequency plans, propagation prediction maps, and provides network optimization feedback.
- Monitor day-to-day work progress and compile various reports.
- Perform and guide RF related efforts for drive testing, RF tuning and performance optimization, trouble shooting, etc.
- Identify and resolve problems that affect product performance.
- Serve as subject matter expert during equipment deployment, technical verification processes, and field trials as needed.
- Answer radio planning queries during pre-sales activities as well as site selection guidance.
- Drive continuous process improvement.
- Be able to prepare and review minutes reports.
- Provide efficient feedback throughout the production process.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in engineering or a equivalent/related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High project management aptitude.
- Detail oriented, highly organized.
- Must be able to multi-task with multiple projects concurrently.
- High level problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with initiative to get answers/solutions.
- Ability to interact effectively with cross-functional team members.
- Demonstrated experience with GSM, CDMA, UMTS and/or LTE technologies.
- Expertise in RF propagation modeling software (iBwave Design, Mentum Planet or similar); iBwave Certified (Level 2 or higher) desired.
- Experience with drive test data collection tools such as RF scanners (e.g. PCTEL, DRT), handset collection tools (e.g. TEMS, NEMO), and post processing tools
- Experience with running network performance analyses, analyzing KPI data, and conducting end to end troubleshooting.
- Able to travel to customer sites, support demonstrations, and conduct site surveys.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is highly beneficial.
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance.
****Veterans strongly encouraged to apply****
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.