Are you looking to further develop your Technical Service skills in a fast-paced, cross-functional team atmosphere, within a well-established and consistently growing small business in Central Maryland? Are you looking for a key role providing critical customer support for the next generation of wireless networks? This may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Mission: Consistently provide exemplary technical support to a growing group of commercial and government customers.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be trained to provide the highest level of wireless telecommunication technical support to a diverse and growing customer base. You learn the technical and customer service skills to build your brand as a premier provider of high quality, next-generation technical telecommunication support.
- Provide 24×7 customer support for Tecore’s products from installation to upgrade through critical issue resolution
- Maintain accurate and up to date trouble tickets for reported issues
- Training customer representative on Tecore product system operation and maintenance
- Partner with System Test and Software Development teams to ensure customer satisfaction and retention through product enhancements
- Responsible for the deployment and validation of software releases, service packs, or patches
- Assist customers in the execution of acceptance testing
- Be a key contributor in the effort to develop the next generation of Tecore’s products by cultivating creative ways to implement evolving technologies such as 5G and the use of unlicensed radio frequency bands
- 2 years of Help Desk experience
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to provide customer related support and troubleshooting
- Self-starter with strong organizational, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- The desire to learn new skills and techniques
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance
- Working knowledge of Linux; Redhat certification
- Experience in Telecommunications (GSM, CDMA, 5ESS)
- Experience with IP based routers and switches such as Cisco; CCENT or other certification is desirable
- Understanding of software development and testing
****Veterans strongly encouraged to apply****
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.