Junior Technical Support Engineer – Wireless Telecommunications
As a Junior Technical Support Engineer, you will be trained to provide the highest level of wireless telecommunication technical support to a diverse and growing customer base. You learn technical and customer service skills to necessary to build your brand as a premier provider of high quality, next-generation technical telecommunication support.
- Provide 24×7 customer support for Tecore’s products from installation to upgrade through critical issue resolution.
- Maintain accurate and up to date trouble tickets for reported issues.
- Training customer representatives on Tecore’s product system operation and maintenance.
- Partner with System Test and Software Development teams to ensure customer satisfaction and retention through product enhancements.
- Be responsible for the deployment and validation of software releases, service packs, or patches.
- Assist customers in the execution of acceptance testing.
- Ask targeted questions to customers in order to quickly understand the cause of the problem.
- Be a key contributor in the effort to develop the next generation of Tecore’s products by cultivating creative ways to implement evolving technologies such as 5G and the use of unlicensed radio frequency bands.
- Research and identify solutions to various hardware and software issues.
- Monitor the daily performance of technical systems.
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a relevant/equivalent field.
- 2 years of Help Desk experience.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Working knowledge of Linux; Redhat certification
- Experience in Telecommunications (GSM, CDMA, 5ESS)
- Understanding of software development and testing
- Ability to be effective when working independently.
- Experience with IP based routers and switches such as Cisco; CCENT or other certification is desirable
- Ability to provide customer related support and troubleshooting.
- Self-starter with strong organizational, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication.
- The desire to learn new skills and techniques.
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance.
- A desire to develop interpersonal and technical skills.
- Experience working with different operating systems including but not limited to Windows and Mac OS.
****Veterans strongly encouraged to apply****
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.