Human Resources Generalist
Overview of Position
As Tecore’s Human Resources Generalist, you will be responsible for various employee affairs, including but not limited to screening, recruiting and interviewing potential employees. You will be tasked with developing and maintaining the employee life-cycle, and coordinating company administrative functions.
As Tecore’s Human Resources Associate, you will be responsible for the following:
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
- Interact directly with candidates to inform them of their application status.
- Schedule interviews.
- Sort sourced resumes according to discipline.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Creating and revising job descriptions.
- Employee Life-Cycle
- Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counseling.
- Overseeing exit interviews.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Employee Files and Records
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Maintains manager and employee confidence by keeping human resources information confidential.
- Employee Goodwill
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Plans and oversees employee/company events, promotions, etc.
- Employee Compensation and Benefits
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Performing benefits administration.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Implementing and revising a company’s compensation program.
- Policies and Procedures
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Conducting annual salary surveys.
- Developing, analyzing and updating the company’s evaluation program.
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Participating in administrative staff meetings.
- Planning, organizing, and controlling the activities and actions of the HR department.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Supports additional projects as assigned.
- A preferred human resource/business-related degree or equivalent degree.
- Must have moderate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have an interest in human resources or corporate operations.
- Excellent analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Open and flexible attitude towards applying one’s skills where needed.
- Ability to be detail oriented while maintaining a focus on the bigger picture.
- Strong team player.
- Unwavering attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- The ability to maintain employee and company confidentiality.
- Results oriented perspective.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and the best practices for implementing them.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively across diverse activities.
- Industry knowledge of telecom, cellular networks, and various mobile technologies is a plus.
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Platforms (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- The ideal candidate will have a true passion for human resources and a sincere interest in technology!
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.