Field Service Engineer
Are you looking to join a fast-paced and dynamic team of professionals within a well-established and consistently growing small business in Central Maryland? Are you looking for a key role providing critical operational support in diverse work environments? If so, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Mission: The rapid deployment and installation of wireless solutions for Tecore’s ever-growing commercial and government customer base.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be providing critical operational support during the development and deployment of Tecore Products. This exciting position will provide you with the opportunity work in varied environments from commercial LTE deployments in rural/remote locations, to the installation of Managed Access Systems countering contraband devices within correctional institutions and secure government facilities. Your work in the field will be counterpointed by providing ongoing support to short and long-term modernization products from our corporate headquarters in Hanover, MD.
Travel: Up to 75%, occasionally international
- Plan, evaluate, and coordinate the installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data/voice communications networks
- Travel to customer sites to perform pre-deployment site surveys, system installation, and upgrades
- Troubleshoot technical problems and issues while working within customer guidelines and processes
- Provide operation and maintenance training as required
- Provide overall support to customer operations and system administrator personnel
- Fault isolation and resolution
- Partner with Program Managers to ensure product and support performance metrics are met or exceeded
- Support system development in the design and implementation of product-based solutions specifically designed for a wide variety of customers
- Wireless communication installation and repair
- Troubleshooting, HW maintenance, and cable repair
- A self-starter with the ability to problem solve on the fly
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency (RF) signal propagation
- Knowledge of networking and voice protocols
- 1-3 years of experience in a telecommunications related discipline
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance
- Experience in Field Support
- Familiarity with Cisco switching and routing equipment
- Experience maintaining wireless/cellular communications equipment
****Veterans strongly encouraged to apply****
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.