Desktop Support Technician
Our Desktop Support opening requires strong Hardware and Software skills and will perform high priority end-user support. The responsibilities of this role include maintaining Service Request Reports, managing Desktop Technician Resources and documenting, relating, summarizing and maintaining various data reports in all relevant areas.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and work orders in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of the problem or issue.
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems and across a range of software applications.
- Ability to conduct troubleshooting.
- Assist all users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
- Train and guide staff on how to use hardware and software.
- Support the testing and deployment of new applications and systems.
- Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the individual(s) as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- Accurately record, update and document requests.
- Install and configure new IT equipment.
- Resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware; printers, copiers and scanners.
- Maintain a first-class level of service ensuring all individuals are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable user to become more self-sufficient.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Be willing to attend internal training courses as necessary to keep up to date with the latest technology and internal system processes.
- At the completion of the first six months, become self-sufficient in handling corporate policy and procedure.
- B.A. or equivalent degree; prefer information sciences and technology, computer science or related degree; recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Active Cisco or RHCE Certification preferred.
- Ability to install, configure, test, maintain and troubleshoot end-user devices.
- Excellent knowledge of PC desktop and hardware.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and procedural documentation.
- Excellent knowledge of internal PC components.
- Experience with Linux/Unix.
- Windows Server Experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic and organizational and prioritization skills.
- Unwavering attention to detail.
- Strong organization, documentation skills.
- Persistence and excellent follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively across diverse activities.
BEYOND AVERAGE SKILLS
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is highly beneficial.
- Previous experience working in an IT support role.
- A customer service qualification.
- Strong management skills in: incident, service, basic inventory and configuration
- Energetic, motivated, personable, outgoing and enthusiastic at all times!
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is that of an office position with minimal to high noise levels.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.