OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
We are looking for a team member to join us who is able to remain detailed and organized within a fast-paced environment. As an Accounting Associate you will be responsible for various accounting functions including but not limited to:
- Recording day to day financial transactions and completing the posting process
- Enter data, maintain records, and create reports and financial statements
- Ensure vendors’ and customer records are current, accurate, complete, and verified.
- Administer all accounting, taxation process and ensure optimal quality of all processes.
- Prepare reports for ledgers, trial balance, and reconcile all statements and ensure integrity of all data.
- Manage all information and update it on automated systems and generate accounting reports.
- Interacting with management, customers, vendors and customers.
- Forecast budget requirements, update journal entries, and prepare reports on same.
- Monthly processing of corporate credit card charges and accounts.
- Accounts Payable:
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Check vendor files for any previous payments and assign voucher numbers.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Accounts Receivable:
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status.
- Verify accuracy of information in customers’ invoices, get the necessary internal approvals, and process the invoices.
- Payroll Processing
- Collecting and verifying employee time sheets.
- Answering employees’ questions and concerns regarding payroll.
- Processing new employees, promotions, and terminations.
- Investigating and resolving payroll discrepancies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- B.A. or equivalent degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or related degree.
- Ability to perform multiple projects and priorities together and achieve excellent results.
- Protects organization’s value to ensure sensitive and confidential information is not let out to unauthorized individuals.
- Excellent human relationship and communication skills to relate cordially and effectively with colleagues and management.
- Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Proficient with common billing systems; Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, which are valuable in creating documents and reports.
- Proficient with QuickBooks, and ADP.
- Experience with Fishbowl is beneficial.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.