OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
As Tecore’s Accounting Associate you will be responsible for various accounting functions including but not limited to , processing expense reports, processing vendor invoices, viewing invoices for accuracy, resolving bill discrepancies and accounting projects/assignments as needed.
- Ensure vendors’ records are current, accurate, complete, and verified
- Discuss discount opportunities, payment terms, and accounts statement with vendors either in writing or verbally
- Ensure accurate and efficient daily processing of employee expense reports and vendor invoices, as well as monthly processing of corporate credit card charges
- Seek the head of department’s approval for invoices to be sent to vendors
- Avail employees information regarding timelines for financial reporting
- Assemble document and review system information in processing employee expense reports and vendor invoices for payments
- Obtain details about invoicing from operational staff and upload into the organization’s billing system
- Verify accuracy of information in customers’ invoices, get the necessary internal approvals, and process the invoices
- Resolve bill discrepancies with Operations Unit by reconciling details on invoice with those on operational reports
- Establish a filing system for all documents to ensure safe keeping of records for future reference
- Ensure all accounting projects assigned by management are completed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Being a team player, goal-getter, and highly detailed and focused, with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work solely, yet effectively, as well as with diverse groups of people in a team
- Ability to perform multiple projects and priorities together and achieve excellent results
- Ability to perform complex tasks with little or no supervision; comfortable working in a fast-paced setting where meeting of time-sensitive deadlines is usually required
- Ability to ensure sensitive and confidential information is not let out to unauthorized individuals
- Excellent human relationship and communication skills to relate cordially and effectively with colleagues and management
- Proficient with common billing systems; Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, which are valuable in creating documents and reports
- B.A. or equivalent degree; prefer accounting, or related degree; recent college graduates are encouraged to apply
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.