Tecore Networks offers a diverse high technology environment that recognizes and rewards employee initiative, innovation, responsibility, and results. Our hard-working team of employees welcomes those who are interested in improving business performance and taking wireless where its never been before. Our rapidly growing development and systems teams are continually looking for qualified people who share our vision. We are an equal opportunity employer with an interest in hearing from skilled professionals seeking new challenges.
Current Career Opportunities — Hanover, MD
Senior Software EngineerApply Now »
The Senior Software Engineer will contribute to the architectural design and development of products. The Senior Software Engineer will direct other developers in technical solution and will be responsible for meeting milestones and performance requirements. He will perform a key role in the development and definition of products. The Senior Software Engineer will perform risk analysis, determine optimum architecture, and effectively and efficiently design and develop product that is functionally correct, reliable, and robust. He will direct other developers in resolving issues in existing designs.
Duties and Responsibilities- General
- Develops and designs software products utilizing expert knowledge of software design fundamentals along with knowledge of communications theory.
- Keeps abreast of latest technology developments of techniques.
- Assists engineering management with allocations of resources to keep development activities on schedule.
- Effectively leads and motivates others both technically and professionally.
- Mentors more junior engineers.
- Ensures tasks are completed in a cost-effective manner, in a reasonable timeframe, and to TECORE standards quality.
- Organizes, coordinates, tracks, and evaluates the work of team members.
Duties and Responsibilities- Technical
- Participates in architectural design of products and performs a key role in the development and definition of products through research, innovation, analysis of customer and marketing inputs and/or other applicable methods.
- Performs a lead role in software development lifecycle to develop and manage project milestones to include: requirement analysis, design, development, and testing.
- Performs risk analysis of proposed approaches to find the optimal design solutions.
- Responsible for project planning for defining and implementing new features and product or product features.
- Considers economic and business factors when making decisions which affect development cost or product features.
- Defines and implements system and subsystem architecture.
- Responsible for overall evaluation, testing, measurement, and debugging of code.
- Directs and assists other developers in the design of new products, problems resolution in existing designs, and development of product documentation. Expected to successfully fulfill the role of lead engineer on a product.
- Develops and documents product system specifications, test procedures, code reviews, and test matrixes.
- Documents software anomalies, defects or enhancement features in the internal corrective action/defect database.
- Evaluates and recommends/selects third party software packages which most closely meet the project requirement, for making build/buy decisions, and for the generation of specification for the purchased software.
- Oversees the evaluation and selection of software development tools are required.
- Researches and proposes realistic solution to problems, as well as be accountable for product design.
- Assists other developers in technical areas and problem resolution.
- Assists Costumer Support and System Test with lab configurations, if needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- This position requires an individual with in depth technical expertise and competency.
- Intrinsic knowledge of the software development lifecycle to effectively manage software development efforts.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and nonverbal communication skills. Works with upper management to establish direction, resolve problems, and discuss employee issues.
- Must be able to effectively lead and motivate others both technically and professionally. Advocating employee concerns and suggestions if applicable.
- Requires working knowledge of most major areas of software and system design, and a work history demonstrating successful application of these concepts to typical problems.
- Must have good knowledge to telecom industry trends and research activities.
- Must demonstrate skills to successfully evaluate risks, and the technical leadership to introduce new technologies resulting in the successful introduction into new products.
- Must be able to work with minimum direction, establish priorities, solve problems, delegate work tasks, and continue to move on to new challenges.
- Must be comfortable with upper management to establish direction and resolve problems.
- Must be able to work independently as well as function effectively in a team oriented environment is critical.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering plus 8 years related experience, or Master’s degree with 6 years related experience.
- Technical design experience in telephone and cellular system is required.
- Experience with system integration and testing is required.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is recommended.
- Technical Knowledge: Position requires knowledge of specific programming languages, platforms, and related technical knowledge as determined by the development team to which this individual is assigned.
Software Engineer 2Apply Now »
The Software Engineer 2 will perform a key role in the development of products. Through research, innovation, analysis of customer and marketing inputs and any other method necessary, the Software Engineer 2 will aid in the definition and development of products. The Software Engineer 2 will design products so that the resulting equipment best meets the product goals. This includes assuring that the design is functionally correct, reliable and robust. The Software Engineer 2 will also assist in the development of product documentation and the resolution of problems found in existing designs.
Duties and Responsibility- General
- Writes detailed specifications for substantial software functions.
- Completes substantial pieces of design, as assigned.
- May lead others in technical work and be responsible for the results.
- Participates in project scheduling/estimation, and is held responsible for assignments.
- Researchers and proposes realistic solutions to the problems.
- Develops particular areas of technical interest and expertise.
- May be a Lead Engineer on a project, with responsibility for meeting milestones and performance requirements.
- May be teamed with another engineer with joint responsibility for the implementation of a function or set of functions.
- Mentors more junior engineers.
- Demonstrates technical leadership on a project.
Duties and Responsibilities- Technical
- Develops a product and software specifications.
- Designs, debugs, evaluates, and tests software to execute the processes defined in the product specifications.
- Debugs the entire software product including software related electronic problems.
- Evaluates and selects software packages, development stations and other equipment to be used in the software department.
- Thoroughly documents ongoing software such that future modification to that software may be efficiently and accurately performed.
- Evaluates and proposes solutions to software problems found in new and existing products.
- Adds new features to the software in existing products.
- Writes and/or supervises the writing of operations manuals and application notes, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Must have an understanding of engineering design techniques, telephony, and cellular systems.
- Must be a significant individual contributor technically.
- Should be a natural self-starter, energetic, imaginative, and willing to work extra hours when necessary.
- Must have the ability to work with minimum direction, to establish priorities, solve problems, and then move on to new challenges.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
- Must be able to evaluate and select software packages, development stations and other equipment to be used in the software development.
- Education: BS in Computer (Software) Engineering, plus 3 years experience, or MS plus 2 years experience, or equivalent.
- Experience: Must have at least 2 years of in-depth technical design experience.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is highly beneficial.
- Technical Knowledge: Position requires knowledge of specific programming languages, platforms, and related technical knowledge as determined by the development team to which this individual is assigned. Knowledge and experience with system integration and test is required.
Capture Lead ManagerApply Now »
Tasks to be Accomplished:
- Organize / coordinate pursuit activities within Business Development Capture Process:
- Attend key customer meetings in person or by phone in support of our Sales Team
- Collaborate with customer / account manager regarding technical solution, programmatic approach and lifecycle support approach, providing support to their decision making / selection process.
- Keep minutes and create action plans resulting from customer meetings. Refine and execute the capture plan:
- Analysis of company capabilities to customer requirements.
- Strategy development including potential team member selection and roles for opportunities.
- Support the Account Manager to establish and maintain price to win including supporting analysis.
- Plan scheduled execution with appropriate milestones, monitor and report to management as required.
- Lead the Capture Team through the business opportunity and serve as a key point of contact to the following groups, communicating customer requirements, customer sensitivities and potential risks:
- Bids and Proposals (alignment to strategy and capture plan, inputs to the B&P process).
- Program Management (complex programmatic execution requirements).
- Engineering (key technical requirements from the customer’s perspective).
- Contracts (complex contractual issues requiring strategic direction and decisions).
- Customer Service Group / Integrated Logistics Support (operational profile, maintenance approach, CONOPS, customer capabilities).
- Sales (work closely with Director of Sales/VP and maintain status of the opportunity).
- Develop the Bid Strategy
- Working with the Director and/or Account Manager, lead the Team Review
- Assist or lead with development of an Executive Summary draft to support proposal
- Attend B&P meetings (kickoff, status, approval etc.)
- Support proposal review gates – Team Reviews.
- Support lessons learned and inject customer feedback where known.
- “Champion” the opportunity to ensure that the opportunity is getting the proper attention, priority, and resources.
- Working with a team comprised of senior analysts, consultants, and sales staff to identify, qualify, research, build, and brief detailed analyses of assigned procurements
- Identifying, qualifying, researching, building, and providing detailed analyses of assigned major government procurements.
- Ability to organize, compose and brief the capture plan.
- Producing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Guiding legislation for procurement integrity, truth in negotiations, etc., while ensuring that all direct and indirect teammates adhere to those standards.
- Conducting RFI / RFP / RFQ analysis as part of strategy development/refinement
- Identifying relevant and qualified team members and/or subcontractors; coordinating development and execution of non-disclosure agreements and teaming or subcontract agreements
- Developing, in cooperation with the Capture Team and Marketing proposal themes, messages, and collateral.
- Assisting with development of proposal storyboards and outlines
- Review and approval of RFP questions and responses to questions received from customers following submission of proposals
- Compiling Lessons Learned Report following completion of proposal activities
- Customer focused, understands proposal development and multiple disciplines within the company; guides solution development, teaming, price to win and competitive strategy development.
- Knowledge of Public Sector procurement or business development required. Capture management, competitive intelligence, business development, and/or research experience preferred. Extensive contacts at the executive level in the Federal Government communities preferred.
- Must have proven ability to lead complex teams in order to accomplish insightful due diligence and validate strategic opportunities.
- Telecommunications, IT, Public Sector or relevant knowledge and industry experience required. Proven project management skills, including demonstrated ability to schedule, manage, and accomplish Capture Intelligence projects on-time, profitably and to high customer satisfaction levels.
- Must be a hands-on with excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills. The ability to communicate concisely and appropriately to the audience is required.
- Must have excellent computer and research skills. Advanced Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint skills are preferred.
- Must be skilled at building effective working relationships at every level within the organization. Strong analytical skills – both quantitative and qualitative – with the ability to recognize trends and perceive connections among information of different types and from disparate sources.
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Experience & Education Requirements:
- 4+ years experience in business development, sales capture, and formal proposals, preferably for U.S. Federal and State Level Government accounts. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Management, or a similar degree relevant for performance of the essential functions of this job description; AND
- A proven track record of collaborating with internal company teams to deliver solutions to the end customer groups.
System Test EngineerApply Now »
Summary: Ideal candidates will be self-starters with strong software testing and who have the desire to learn about the reality of the inner workings of the software behind the world of cellular systems. The individual in this position is responsible for system verification of wireless network infrastructures, base station interfaces, related services and advanced applications. Responsibilities include reviewing requirements and design documents, developing test scenarios, executing test and producing test reports. Ability to perform all levels of testing to include functional, regression performance, capacity and acceptance testing is required. As a Tecore System Test Engineer, you will work hand-in-hand with our entire team to deliver unique solutions to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities – General
- Interface with the appropriate Tecore engineering/development personnel for scheduling lab time, planning and prioritizing test scenarios and execution
- Must comprise knowledge of software test methodologies along with knowledge of communications theory and keep abreast of the latest technology developments and techniques
- Responsible for ensuring tasks are completed in a cost-effective manner, in a reasonable timeframe, and to Tecore standards of quality
- Perform other duties as required
- Develop proprietary knowledge base to provide internal technical support
Duties and Responsibilities – Technical
- Review and analyze software requirements and design documents to assist in the planning, development, and execution of test environments and strategies.
- Interfaces with the appropriate Tecore engineering/development personnel for scheduling lab time, planning and prioritizing test scenarios and execution.
- Routinely performs system set up and lab maintenance.
- Routinely supports other Tecore teams including CRC, Sales, Production, Engineering and Quality, with troubleshooting and resolving product issues
- Performs system level testing on the iCore/RNC/EPC/GSN/eNode B software for verification of network infrastructure and related service functionality.
- Verifies software releases, service packs or patches, including the replication of reported anomalies in preparation of resolution of software problems. Performs testing using applicable methodologies which may include: regression, feature, performance, capacity, stress and acceptance testing in manual scenarios across multiple software and hardware configurations.
- Responsible for documenting formal test reports, data and observations.
- Updates internal defect tracking database to include test(s) performed and results. Opens new defect reports when applicable
Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of various software testing processes and types; unit, integration, system regression and acceptance.
- Working knowledge of test plan development, including planning and writing test plans.
- Knowledge of basic wireless telephony/telecomm systems; LTE, 3G, GSM
- Understanding of Linux, compact PCI, scripting languages, C/C++ is a plus.
- Understanding of networking (TCP/IP).
- Ability to quickly and independently analyze and troubleshoot technical problems is essential.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write thorough documentation, reports and verbally articulate technical information concisely and accurately.
- Good organizational skills including attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and changing demands with diplomacy and decorum.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and constructively contribute to a harmonious cross-functional team work environment.
- Education, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Prior software testing experience in telecommunications, data communications is desirable
- Prior customer and networking support in highly desirable
RF Production Technician/AssemblerApply Now »
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions and drawings, blueprint specifications, product schematics and parts lists; gathering parts, sub-assemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and sub-assemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and sub-assemblies.
- Build products or assemblies: perform equipment setup, operation, equipment adjustments and minor preventative maintenance tasks to meet all standards for safety, quality and efficiency.
- Run tests on all assemblies and equipment to test for safety and productivity before they are put into the field according to quality standards.
- Identify problems and suggest improvements; identify potential solutions and attempt to troubleshoot the issue using technical knowledge. Complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
- Inspect and test finished products; maintain quality standards to ensure products conform to specifications and codes, before full-scale production begins, and periodically thereafter.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Excellent motor skills and the ability to do fine assembly.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to read and carefully follow instructions.
- Capable of working independently to a production schedule.
- Strong organization, attention to detail and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively across diverse activities.
- Quality focus, judgment and decision making.
- Proficient with mechanical inspection tools, hand held power tools, controls, instrumentation, and surface mount soldering and board assembly.
- Experience in a start-up or pilot production environment.
- Experience with top level cable and component assembly in enclosure or cabinet production.
- Experience in building DC cable assemblies with connectors, crimp and solder pins.
- Ability to build small RF cables is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot minor digital and RF assemblies is a plus.
- 1-2 years mechanical assembly and manufacturing experience may be required.
- Specific technical or vocational training or certification may be required.
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Occasionally lift 30-50 pounds.
- Regularly perform repetitive tasks.
- Regularly possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately.
IP Network EngineerApply Now »
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 3 years experience in the field of network engineering and/or network support. Primary responsibilities will include internal and external customer network management, network design for mobile IP connectivity for new customer deployments, and sales engineering support and training. Additional responsibilities include review and optimization of existing networks, network documentation, and integration of new IP converged mobile and fixed network applications. Candidate should have strong fundamental understanding of IP networks coupled with the ability to integrate innovative solutions for new technologies and complex deployment and configuration requirements.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
-Experience configuring and managing Cisco ASA and PIX firewalls. (Experience with Juniper NS and ISG firewalls is a plus).
-Experience configuring and managing Cisco 2900, 3500, 3700, and 7200 series switches and routers.
-Experience with the Linux operating system (RedHat/CentOS preferred). Solid understanding of Linux operating system is required.
-Experience with AAA (LDAP and Radius), DNS, and PPP.
-Experience with SSL, IPSec, and PPTP VPN clients.
-Experience with network diagnostic tools including Wireshark/Ethereal, and TCP dump.
-Experience with network management platforms (OpenView, OpenNMS, Solar Windws, or Cacti) and SNMP/RMON/RRD.
-Experience with network and site documentation and requirements engineering. Hands-on experience with Visio, Diag, or ConceptDraw.
-Experience with network security analysis tools including Snort and NMAP.
-Experience with Cisco AIP, IDS, and ADS hardware as well as local and remote syslog configuration and analysis.
-Must be able to articulate design requirements and effectively communicate with project management and customers.
-Experience with Cisco Call Manager (CME/CUCM) is a plus
PC server and desktop hardware experience is a plus, but not required.
BS IS/CS/EE, MS is a plus
CCNA/CCNP/CSSP and/or RHCE certification is a plus
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
-B.A. or equivalent degree; related degree; recent college graduates are encouraged to apply
-Minor in Telecommunications preferred
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Strong work ethic and organizational and prioritization skills
-3+years related experience
-Technical report writing experience required
To apply, please follow the Apply Now link above to upload your information including your resume to the selected position of interest. If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tecore Networks offers a wide variety of benefits. Our extensive package includes the following low or no cost options:
- Medical insurance, including your choice of several plans
- Dental insurance
- Prescription coverage with options for mail order
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and/or dependent care
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Program with excellent matching investment opportunity
- Company-paid leave benefits including vacation, sick time, personal time, and holidays
- Bonus award programs
- Company picnics, parties, luncheons, and other employee events
Detailed information regarding Tecore Networks Benefits will be provided during the interview process.